Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Hospital

I was admitted at my appointment yesterday... Apparently pre-labor turned real because I went from 0 to 60% effaced between my 2 week appointments. Contractions every 3 minutes, very consistent, very strong. Thankfully I'm not dilated at all.

They did 2 NSTs, an ECG, an ultrasound, bloodwork, the usual workup (pee in a cup, weight, BP, baby's measurements and weight estimate ultrasound)... Then I also got my first steroid shot and an IV timed pump thing so I get a constant dose of tocolytic.

I hadn't gained at all in 2 weeks (diarrhea/loose BMs?) and baby only went up 3 oz. They said she seems to weigh on the small side but that she shows signs of being VERY well developed and once they give the second shot, she should be fine if we have to deliver (c-section). She is estimated at 4 pounds exactly based on the ultrasound.

The meds stopped my contractions for about 6 hours and now the are starting up again, even though I'm still on the pump's constant dose. my heart is pounding and I am so shaky it's not funny, and I have heartburn and nausea. The nurse let me take 2 TUMS about 45 minutes ago but it's not helping.

Hopefully we can keep this at bay for another week or so. I don't want to be here (hospital) over Christmas, but if it's what it takes for my baby girl to have the time she needs, I guess I can handle it.

1 comments:

Sky Monkey said...

You are very brave. I am praying for you!

Post a Comment