It's been a while! We got to go home on Tuesday, January 11. This means we stayed at the hospital for 6 days, which was way too long for my liking, but in all reality, it was very necessary for my sake. Now, 2 weeks postpartum, things are so much better. I've been walking a lot more, only taking Tylenol twice a day, and I can do things like shower all by myself. The only things I need help with now are putting on my socks, and lifting anything heavier than Hadley, which is anything weighing more than 6 pounds at this point. This is huge progress from earlier this week, when I was having to take my Tylenol religiously every 4 hours, could hardly walk around the house without being breathless and in pain, and I needed help showering and drying off because I couldn't reach my legs or twist at all to reach my back.
It's Saturday, and Sam's leave officially ended at midnight. I can't fully express just how terrified I am of having him go back to work, leaving Hadley and I alone together all day. The alarms at work are crap, which means they can (and in all likelihood will) call him in at night for a shift... Leaving Hadley and I alone for even longer. It's not that I don't think I can care for her. It's that I'm exhausted! How am I going to get the rest I need and still give Hadley the care she needs? I don't know. I have a feeling I'm going to sorely miss showers, meals, and looking like something other than a zombie... for a long, long time.
All that said, we are happy. We are more than happy, we are overjoyed. Hadley is the best thing that has ever happened to us (other than marrying each other), and we feel so blessed. We are constantly taking pictures of her, ooh-ing and ahh-ing over her, and telling each other just how perfect, beautiful, and precious she is, and how terribly lucky and blessed we are to have her. It just feels right.

2 comments:
Thank you for delurking!!! I'm now following your blog too. One thing you HAVE to remember is that on top of the expected exhaustion from a newborn, your body is recover from a MAJOR surgery! Try your best to rest (I normally nap with Truitt until late morning) and take as much help as you can get. Congratulations on sweet Hadley!!!
I hope you can get some rest! And she is an absolute doll!!
Post a Comment