I'm scared that all of that will happen and I won't get to cuddle and bond with Hadley, not to mention breastfeeding. I really don't want her to have any formula. At all. Not even a little. Maybe I feel so strongly about it because it's like the only thing I have a little control over. It's the one thing that I'm confident that my body CAN do. I don't want that to be taken away.
I'm done complaining... But I would really appreciate any encouragement, advice, and prayers. I can do this. I have got to be strong.
On another note...
I am trying to keep up with the house. It likes dust... I honestly think our little apartment invites the dust from all the other apartments over for play dates. Maybe it's lonely? Anyway, I cleaned the pitiful floors, and now we can walk around without wiping dust off our feet every few minutes. I know it sounds like I never clean, but the floor gets dusty like that within 2 days of being swept and mopped. I organized and straightened rooms, threw away trash, and washed the bathroom rug. I also folded and put away all the clean clothes and washed a load of Sam's uniforms. I'm really trying to keep the laundry from piling up but it seems to be winning. I can't handle taking big heavy loads of wet laundry down 2 flights of stairs to the dryer because it makes my contractions worse.
I still haven't touched Hadley's room. We really need to get bookshelves before I feel safe going in there and unpacking anything. She has a nice, cozy nook in our room anyway. And two whole drawers of her own!
Oh, I found more stretch marks. Even with slathering my belly with lotion all the time, the stupid things still manage to show up. It makes me wish I had a little "extra padding" on my belly, because maybe then my skin wouldn't be stretched to the limit. This is probably the only time in my life that you will see me saying that I wish I weighed more. And as it is, I feel like a whale. I don't feel fat; I know I'm not... But I feel HUGE. Other than having another baby someday, I do not intend to ever be this big again.
I'm sorry, this is really an insanely long blog. Forgive me!

2 comments:
I'm sure you'll be fine :) I go in on January 5th to schedule my c-section. It's what I've been preparing for but I still had a freak out moment thinking about not being able to move my body. Just stay away from c-section birth videos. I made the mistake of watching one last week. What day is Hadley making her appearance? :)
Oh gosh, no way I'm gonna watch those! I made THAT mistake with my gallbladder surgery, and I had nightmares, no joke.
Make sure you ask the doctor if you can have one or both arms free. They may make you promise to hold still, but I explained that I needed to be able to hold my husband's hand for comfort (they won't give me any anti-anxiety, so it's a must, and they said it was ok. Otherwise, some hospitals will strap your arms down. *shiver*
Hadley is scheduled for Monday, Jan 24 (39wks 6d), but we may change it to Friday, Jan 21 (39wks 3d) so that I have the weekend to recover, and it's a little less time out of Sam's paternity leave.
Post a Comment