I've gained 2 pounds in 2 weeks again, so I'm at a total gain of 11 pounds. Not too shabby! My BP was 120/80, which is perfectly fine. I got my Group B Strep test done, peed in a cup (as usual), and got some blood drawn to check for Hep B. Apparently that's routine for this hospital to do the test twice throughout the pregnancy, so this was my second test.
The ultrasound was good, and Hadley weighs about 3 lbs 13 oz. She is still stuck in her normal breech/transverse position, so we decided it was time to schedule the c-section.
I went and met with the anesthesiologist, and proceeded to make myself feel like an idiot by crying after she explained the risks -- particularly that if something goes wrong during the c-section, they will switch to general anesthesia for the remainder of the surgery, and I will have a tube down my throat, and won't get to see Hadley for several hours. I knew these risks, and thought I was prepared to go over them, but stupid me... Yeah, I cried :(
I asked all my questions, made my requests, and signed off on the papers. Then we went to Labor and Delivery and scheduled the c-section. The nurse started to go through the risks and complications, and her alarm went off and she went flying down the hallway for an emergency c-section. AWESOME for my frazzled nerves. All I could think of was "Oh, that poor girl, I hope she is ok." and "Dear God, that could happen to me."
A student nurse with horrible English came to explain the rest of the procedure and complications. She left to ask her "college" (colleague) a question, and came back and said, "The curse for the baby is coming."
I replied with, "Huh?"
She says, "Not a doctor or a surgeon, but a curse."
Ooooh, a NURSE! I asked if this is what she meant, and she enthusiastically said yes, and apologized for mixing up nurses and curses. It was pretty funny.
I signed off on that paper, went back to the OB office and made my next appointment, and left. We left the hospital at 3:30pm... What a long day!
Anyhow, we are done, home, and about to head to Ramstein to get some dress pants, dress shoes, and a dress shirt for Samuel for the holiday party tomorrow night. We also need gloves, and some groceries. Woohoo!

3 comments:
Do you go to Landstuhl or somewhere off base? I had my first appointment at Landstuhl last week and go back on Tuesday to talk to a doctor about a c-section.
I was hoping they'd do another ultrasound but no luck! :)
I go to the hospital in Trier :) they refer all OB care off base for Spangdahlem and Bitburg, and we get to choose from Wittlich, Bitburg, or Trier. Trier is really the best, because they handle all the high risk and preemies. (I started at Bitburg and switched to Trier becaue the care at Bitburg wasn't too great)
We get an ultrasound at every single appointment, and they're really great. I'm definitely happy with the care we get there :)
I'm so jealous!!! The facilities at Landstuhl are okay and people seem relatively nice but it's definitely standard issue military care and you're just one of many drifting through the doors. It makes me miss my OB in the states that much more!
Post a Comment